Thursday, November 6, 2008

2008 Year in Review

"I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me." - Anna Quindlen

- 9 races.
- 5 triathlons.
- First sponsorship.
- Nearly 500 hours of training.
- Fastest times ever in 5K, Sprint Tri, Oly Tri
- First and second age-group wins.
- First half-iron distance tri.
- First-place finish Try Sports Triathlon Development Series, Women 30-34.
- Over $6,350 raised to support Genesis Home.
- More than 130 blog posts documenting the journey and more than 5,981 unique visitors following along.

I'm calling 2008 a grand success! Thank you for being part of it.

In the days since Saturday's race, I've been enjoying lots of rest and have been reflecting on what will come next for me. More on that soon...