Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh, Goody!

God Can Dream a Bigger Dream for you... far beyond anything you could ever imagine.” - Oprah Winfrey


Endurance sports have truly taught me that anything is possible. Sub-8 minute miles, cycling alone for more than three hours straight, swimming more than a mile just a few months after I could barely swim a lap - they've all happened. And by breaking through those athletic barriers, I've learned that other perceived barriers in my life are also illusions.
When I started this endurance journey, I CERTAINLY never thought that I would ever be a sponsored-athlete. Turns out, that's happened too! I'm thrilled to announce that I've been selected as 2008 member of Goody's Team Stayput. Throughout this season, I'll be proud to sport Goody's logo on my tri gear and (continue!) to wear their thick elastics and no-slide headbands.
Just as endurance sports have helped me mentally stay out of my own way and focus on what's possible in all areas of my life, Goody's Stayput collection keeps my hair out of the way so that I can focus on going faster and farther.
In addition to loving Goody's hair products, I'm proud of the fact that they are a national sponsor of Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running. The Girls on the Run curricula address all aspects of girls' development - their physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well-being.
As a member of Team Stayput, I'll be supporting my local Girls on the Run chapter and running in their WonderGirl 5K on April 19.