Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Work Ahead

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America -- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you -- we as a people will get there."- President-Elect Barack Obama.

What an amazing year to be alive and engaged in making the world better for all of us.

The final Tri to End Homelessness fundraising numbers are not yet in, but I do know that at the least, we came very, very close to the goal of raising $7,300 in recognition of the 70.3 miles I covered on Saturday.

As I begin to think about the close of the formal Tri to End Homelessness initiative, I know that the work ahead remains. We've learned about homelessness in our communities. We've gotten to know some of the homeless families living at Genesis Home. We've taken action. And we can all continue to do so. Here's how.