Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last Trimester

"Like all of us in this storm between birth and death, I can wreak no great changes on the world, only small changes for the better, I hope, in the lives of those I love.” - Dean Koontz

Less than three months to go until we birth this baby. Hard to believe. After nearly two years of solid training - over 300 hours of running, biking, swimming, weight lifting, and yoga since January alone - November 1 is just around the corner.

And like the mothers living at Genesis Home have done before me, I'm starting to visualize that day. The plan, the pain, the unknown -- and the support I'll need along the way.

So many of you have already been incredibly supportive: sending encouraging emails, meeting up for long runs and rides, sharing our blog with your circles, and making personal donations to help fund Genesis Home's work to end homelessness one family at a time.

Now, with three months to go, I'm nearly 2/3 of the way to my fundraising goal! Your generosity has raised $4,680. That means, we only have $2,620 left.

I know that we can make it across that finish line. I hope that you'll help and make a donation to Genesis Home today. No amount is too small -- or too large!

You can join us in ending homelessness HERE.