Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Feeling It

All learning has an emotional base.”- Plato

All of sudden, there it was.

A good night's sleep. A normal Tuesday morning. A challenging hour-long ride on my trainer in the middle of a tough three-week build period.

...and a giant lump in my throat.

All of sudden, I was crying.

Pedaling away. Feeling the burn in every part of my legs. Thinking about the families living at Genesis Home and the work they do every day to change their lives. Remembering how far I've come in my own journey. Visualizing myself crossing the finish line come November. Getting all choked up.

That was my morning.

A wonderful reminder that all of this is bigger than me; that I do this for reasons I don't completely understand; and that, although the practicalities of training like this every day can in some ways become mundane, this experience is anything but routine.