Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's Tricky

"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...(How is it?)
Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tricky (Tr-Tr-Tr-Tricky) Tr-tr-tr... " - Run DMC

Life's a little tricky this week....and the weather isn't helping.

It's an 11 hour training week, one week before my first tri of the year, local weather has been fluctuating more than 30 degrees in a day, and this afternoon I'm flying to Minneapolis for the next three days where snow is probable.

At the start of the week, the big questions were where, when, and how to get my long ride of the week accomplished. Monday (when it was warm..raining, but warm), I moved my work schedule around to accommodate a Thursday morning ride, found two buddies to meet up with, and thought I had my week all planned. By Wednesday, the weather forecast looked horrible and my friends needed to bail. Today, I woke up and forced myself to get excited about two solid hours on the trainer. Turns out, I would have been fine riding outside..chilly, but not wet. Ugh, opportunity missed.

The good news? Run DMC is still stuck in my head (This song always makes me smile), I think I got all of my gear packed for the weekend (running shoes, tights, Hammer Gel, water bottle, hat, gloves, sunglasses,...oh, yeah, work clothes..check), and the Minnesota weather is looking up (How do you northerners survive!?).