Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekly Workout Wrap-Up

"It it's not fun, you're not doing it right." - Bob Basso

A certain friend mentioned that I hadn't been writing much about my weekly workouts. So, without further ado, here's a recap I've been up to.

In short: Not much. Not much training that is. After three high volume, muscular endurance weeks, today ends a wonderful rest week filled with March Madness and all of the accoutrement that accompany hours and hours of watching basketball (read: beer, nachos, pizza, feeling groggy the next day and waking thankful that the scheduled swim is very, very short).

Monday: Swim with a few descending 100s and yoga.
Tuesday: Easy peasy spin and time in the weight room.
Wednesday: Aerobic time trial run
Thursday: Swim Golf! I actually decreased my stroke count for the first time in a long while by really focusing on initiating my stroke with my hips.
Friday: Easy long run and happy hour on the back porch with my hubby, sister, and brother-in-law.
Saturday: A hour on the bike trainer in lieu of a 1.5 hour ride outside, followed by core work and pushups in my living room, in lieu of trekking to the gym. After a wonderful taste of Spring on Friday night, Saturday morning brought a return of cold, rainy weather.

In total, just under 7 hours of training. Next week, the engines rev again, I train while traveling for the first time this year, and I'll start to get very excited about my first tri of the season!