Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."- Fyodor Dostoevski

After a seven week hiatus, I got back on my bike this morning for the first time since racing at Pinehurst! That's right, training with my coach has begun again. The goal of these first few weeks is simply to remind me what it feels like to swim, bike, and run on a regular basis. Then, we'll jump back into base building and speed work - hooray!

Since Ray will be starting her doctoral program in January, I'll be training and racing alone for most of 2008 -- although Ray will still be an integral part of the Tri to End Homelessness team: cheering, fundraising, and motivating me through long rides as usual!

My big racing goal for next year is to successfully complete the inaugural Beach to Battleship Half Iron Tri. In the coming weeks, I'll also be announcing a big fundraising goal to match. My first solo racing season is shaping up - and I'll need all of your encouragement along the way!